17.2.10

read any good books lately...?

A couple of weeks ago, I was inspired by a Facebook friend to post an informal "poll" on FB as a fundraising effort for Haiti. I would donate 1$ for each comment sharing a favourite book. Not only was I able to donate a few dollars for Haiti Relief, but I ended up with a pretty neat list of books! And then I thought... why not?!

And so, in no particular order, I hereby present to you, my...

READING LIST 2010

  1. But Not the Hippopotamus - Sandra Boynton
  2. On the Road - Jack Kerouac
  3. There's Nothing Wrong with You - Cheri Huber
  4. A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry
  5. Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
  6. The Notebook - Nicholas Sparks
  7. Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom
  8. The Soul of a Tree - George Nakashima
  9. A New Earth - Eckhart Tolle
  10. "Otherland" series (Books 1, 2, 3 & 4) - Tad Williams
  11. I Knew You Could - Craig Dorfman
  12. Three Cups of Tea - Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin
  13. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
  14. Into Thin Air - Jon Krakauer
  15. Haiku Year - Gilroy, Grace, McKay, Martin, Phillips, Roth & Stipe
  16. The Boat Who Wouldn't Float - Farley Mowat
  17. Come, Thou Tortoise - Jessica Grant
  18. Life of Pi - Yann Martel
  19. When All You Have is Hope - Frank O'Dea
I had already read a few of these, so I'll focus on the ones that are new to me. Certainly a mix of genres - could be interesting! Thanks friends...

As I finish reading a book, I'll change the colour of the text to pink. As you can see, I've already finished one (Three Cups of Tea)... and what a great book it was! I highly recommend it... On to the next one!

-simply jag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers