15.3.09

beautiful self...

I've been getting clear messages this past week, both from people who care, and from my own body: I need to s...l...o...w... d...o...w...n... I am juggling too many balls, all of them of my own choosing. I read something a while back that really resonated with me: "Some say that busyness is a form of laziness. Because you're too lazy to work out what not to do." (Michael Bungay Stanier) And so, I am in the process of making the difficult decisions about what NOT to do.

Last night, I chose NOT to go out to the theatre with a group of friends. My hacking cough would have been entirely inappropriate and exhausting. I stayed home and ended up playing with self-portrait! Dare I say it, I believe these shots are beautiful.



simply jag xox

4 comments:

  1. Oh, they are beautiful! I love the sepia like texture and the clothes you chose to wear! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made the right choice ~such wonder filled shots...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can so relate to the needing to take it slower these days...
    i have to remember the world will go on if im not managing it all!
    these shots are beautiful...
    where the heck did you get that rockin' coat??
    jen gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies! The right choices are not always easy, n'est-ce pas? :-)

    I picked up the coat in the bottom pic when I was in NYC in 2006. It's a one of a kind picked up at The Market NYC in SoHo. I just loooove the way I feel when I wear it!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Followers