7.2.09

a simple sound...

“Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart.”
- Andrés Segovia

One of the most soothing sounds to me is that of the guitar, especially when it's being played by someone other than me. I come from a musical family and have deep memories of parties going on downstairs while I tried to listen to the music through the floor or from the top of the stairs. The singing, the laughter, and of course, the guitar. To this day, the sound of my mom or dad strumming the guitar brings a smile to my face.

I own two guitars. One is on a stand in the living room, longing to be played; the other didn't come out of its case for over five years. That's just wrong. I've recently decided to sell my second guitar - it deserves to find a home that will honour its simple sound.

simply jag xox

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture! The sound of Mom & Dad strumming brings a smile to my face too. Straw hats & old dirty hankiiiiieeees... :)

    I'm enjoying your One Word project - keep 'em coming!

    Sis
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Followers