13.2.09

a simple choice...

“There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those.”
- Michael Nolan
I found this tiny barrette on the floor of my office building today.
It caught my eye AND my heart!
In choosing "simplify" as my mantra for 2009, I'm hoping to break the pattern of saying YES to every opportunity or interest that comes along. That may seem counterintuitive... Should we not give in to the abundance that comes our way?! I've learned - the hard way... the only way... - that I can easily get over-committed and overwhelmed. Then, my body, mind & spirit simply shut down. I thrive when I remember to focus my energy on that which catches my heart: being an expression of God's perfect Love in an imperfect world. That is my simple choice.

simply jag xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers